Director of Missions and Outreach
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Discipleship
The Director of Missions and Outreach is responsible to champion and lead Community of Hope’s international missions and local outreach in line with our vision to interest disinterested people in Jesus Christ and grow together into fully devoted followers of Him. This will be done in ways that:
- Connect people to Jesus Christ.
- Extend acts of service and kindness or relieve suffering in Jesus’ name.
- Expand the hearts of our congregation through hands-on serving and financial giving.
1. International Missions
- Develop relationships with our church’s international “Mission Partners”.
- Discern which partners to add or renew, and their support levels.
- Offer opportunities for our people to understand and get involved in their ministry.
- Help our “Missions Partners” connect with our congregation.
- Organize and lead food packing events with Numana, Inc.
- Lead, recruit for, and coordinate short-term mission trips.
- Train leadership and team members.
- Assist the team in fund-raising.
- Provide classes, seminars and other means to grow the hearts of our people for the world.
2. Local Outreach
- Discern and develop local outreach that meets felt needs in our community in a way that draws positive attention of unchurched people toward our church and toward Jesus Christ.
- Help individuals and small groups in our church connect with serving opportunities.
- Communicate about our outreach within our congregation and outside to our community.
- Recruit, train and support volunteers as “Point Leaders” for our various outreach ministries.
- Provide support and direction for both our West Campus and East Campus Food Pantry ministries and expand these ministries, especially the East Campus.
- Develop relationships with local schools near each campus as a base of kindness outreach.
- Plan and execute our annual “Shoes of Hope” and “Night to Shine” events
- Develop and lead a Missions and Outreach Team.
- Review our outreach events, ministries and partnerships regularly to discern effectiveness and fit with our mission – improving, expanding or discontinuing them as needed.
3. Coordinate disaster response for our congregation and for other areas of the world.
4. Contribute to staff team effort by accomplishing miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Must agree with and by God's grace adhere to the Community of Hope Ministry Leader Ethos Statement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, managing multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience in building teams.
- Preferred: Experience building and training volunteer teams. Degree in ministry or Christian social work. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in international missions, local outreach, and/or social ministry.
Healthcare, paid vacation, and holidays.