The role of the Communications Coordinator (CC) is to coordinate the church communications core strategy of Community of Hope under the direction and leadership of the Associate Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Community of Hope and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The CC will coordinate all components of communications and marketing to add inspiration, motivation and clarity to church messages.
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Community of Hope. The CC should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The CC models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The CC strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Agreeing with and by God’s grace living into the Ministry Leader Ethos Statement (communityofhope.church/ethos)
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
- Participating in a Community of Hope small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
2. Managing Communication Channels and Strategy: Responsible for coordinating all communications requests and channels of Community of Hope.
- Managing all communications requests submitted by processing each request and assigning the appropriate channels for coverage as determined by the Communications Matrix.
- Managing the communications calendar and channels while coordinating all responsible parties for copy, content, design and completion
- Communicating with the rest of the team for assignments
- Develop and research new channels to communicate with our congregation and our community.
- Responsible for developing copy for communications requests
- Serve in planning larger events.
3. Promotions, Marketing and PR: Develop systems to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Community of Hope.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series, big events and other campaigns.
- Plan and implement Public Relations campaigns that engage and shape the church image in the community
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions.
4. Social Media and Email Marketing
- Create social media presence for Community of Hope including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Help to manage on-going social media messaging and communication strategies including social media schedulers, etc.
- Build followings on various social media outlets
- Execute Email marketing assignments and strategy
- Manage the content aspects of Community of Hope related websites. Websites should display content that is timely, current and appropriate to Community of Hope.
- Conduct a monthly content audit of website.
6. Media Relations
- Create positive relationships with local and national media.
- Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
- Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
7. Analytics Database for All Relevant Channels
- Develop system that records all relevant analytics to measure our channels including but not limited to Google Analytics, email clicks, event signups with correlating marketing strategies, Social Media statistics, surveys, etc.
- Must have:
- Must agree with and by God's grace adhere to the Community of Hope Ministry Leader Ethos Statement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, managing multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience and knowledge of Marketing and Public Relations in traditional and developing media
- Experience in building teams.
- Experience with content management system Wordpress.
- Design ability and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with project management tools like Asana, Slack, etc.
EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE: Degree in communications, media, or related field, or at least 2-4 years of experience in communications. Additional certifications in related communications field is highly preferred.
- Part Time