Communications Media Assistant
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Community of Hope. The Communications Media Assistant should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The Communications Media Assistant models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The Communications Media Assistant strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. The Communications Media Assistant must be in full agreement with and by God’s grace be abiding by the Ministry Leader Ethos Statement.
2. Creation and Distribution of Weekly Communications Media: The Communications Media Assistant is responsible for the some of the various weekly needs of communications at Community of Hope.
A. Service Slide Design
- Create 1st draft slide presentation for the sermons for both campuses each weekend.
- Create all slides for the weekend services including those announced from the stage and various announcement loop graphics (Welcome and Dismissal Loop).
B. Social Media
- Assist to create social media presence for Community of Hope including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Manage on-going social media messaging and communication strategies including social media schedulers, etc.
- Build followings on various social media outlets
- Every week, edit and master audio and video files for all messages across campuses.
- Publish audio podcasts weekly on Tuesday.
- Publish video of messages on Youtube every week,
D. Graphics Work
- Design promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness. This may include but is not limited to graphics for web pages, social media, slides, connect folder, sermon series branding, etc.
E. Web Site Posting and Management
- Design and publish all weekly posts in News section of website.
- Assist to manage all comments on news posts and pages.
- Make any requested adjustments or changes to content on pages or posts.
F. Other Various Tasks
- Other various assistance with media creation and distribution as needed by the Communications Department.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly dependable and takes responsibility seriously.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience with content management system Wordpress preferable.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends and social media platforms
- Committed to improvement by being humble, open, and teachable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must also agree with and by God's grace adhere to the Community of Hope Ministry Leader Ethos Statement.
EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE: Experience in communications, media, or related field desirable. Additional certifications in related communications field is highly preferred.
- Part Time
- Paid Time Off